Liberty has been in the holiday spirit for a while now – fulfilling many orders for corporate holiday parties and more! So for our December table scape, we wanted to create a DIY centerpiece to match our new nude glimmer linen. After scouring the internet, we came across these pretties: Ombre Bottle Brush Trees!
Although they are available for purchase, we wanted to try our hand at making them ourselves (and putting our own unique spin on it). Take a look at our step-by-step guide to DIY Bleached Bottle Brush Trees:
Here’s what you’ll need to create the trees:
Assorted Pine Trees (I used these found on Amazon)
Fork or Tongs
Big Mixing Bowls
Remember – you are working with bleach in this project. Be very careful with your clothes and items around the trees and bleach bowls. Also, please properly dispose of the bleach when you are finished with it. 🙂
1) Fill the mixing bowls with 80% bleach and 20% water.
2) Carefully drop the trees into the mixture one by one with your fork or tongs.
3) You will then see the bleach mixture start to turn green. Continue to move the tree around in the mixture so all sides have been equally soaked.
4) Add more trees to the mixture. Let them sit for 3-5 minutes in the solution (use your own discretion on how white you want your trees).
5) While your trees are soaking in the mixture, line your cookie sheet with paper towels. Once your trees are your desired color, pull them out with your tongs or fork and place them on the cookie sheet to dry.
6) Once your trees have dried for a few minutes, place them in a colander using the tongs and rinse them under warm water in your sink.
7) Place them on some more paper towels to dry on your counter. I let mine dry overnight and let them dry on an old towel just to make sure it wouldn’t discolor any fabric I set them on.
8) Style them on your mantle, table, or any little nook in your house! Here’s our take:
In the end, we chose not to use the glitter on the trees since our table was very sparkly already. But we may end up re purposing them next year 🙂
We hope you enjoy this festive little project! Show us your DIY Bottle Brush Trees in the comments!
Peace & Joy,
Liberty Party Rental